Walter G. Negwer founded the company in 1924, beginning the business picking up milk from local dairies and delivering to families in rural North St. Louis County.
Over the next 99 years, the company evolved by expanding product lines beginning with coal and feed, to supplying hundreds of lines of building material supplies today.
Always recognizing the dynamic needs of the building community, Negwer addressed the growing needs of general contractors, subcontractors, architects, and engineers in the region by adding locations in Central and Eastern Missouri, Central Illinois, and Northeastern Arkansas. The company also expanded its offering of products and solutions to its customers with the opening of Negwer Door Systems in 1987 and Engineered Steel Products in 2004.
Focused on delivering solutions to its customers by its team of knowledgeable building material specialists, Negwer has grown from a small hauling company to the region’s premier building materials distributor.